Green Technology Hub is participating in the II International Business Festival Qazaq Green Fest 2023 with the main theme: “ENERGY SECURITY OF KAZAKHSTAN: LOW-CARBON TRANSITION.” The two-day off-site event has brought together over 300 participants, including representatives from companies actively implementing projects in the field of renewable energy, carbon offsets, experts, and representatives from government and international organizations. Key topics of discussion include the transition to a low-carbon “green” economy, voluntary carbon markets, sustainable development, and ESG.
The panel sessions and discussions at QAZAQGREEN FEST – 2023 cover the following topics:
- Global energy transition: challenges for Kazakhstan and the experience of leading countries
- Government policies and strategic vision for the development of the “green” agenda in Kazakhstan
- Ensuring energy security in Kazakhstan
- “Green” financing in Kazakhstan: the issue of lack of accessible financing for renewable energy projects
- ESG policy: gender aspects and corporate governance
- Carbon markets: international experience and prospects for development in Kazakhstan
- “Open microphone”: business perspectives on renewable energy industry challenges
As a co-founder of the National ESG Club, Green Technology Hub promotes the agenda of sustainable project management, actively develops and launches tools for voluntary carbon markets, and creates opportunities for implementing offset projects according to international standards such as I-REC, Verified Carbon Standard, and the adoption of new carbon offset standards.